Thursday 22 March 2012

Sock Monkey Wine Bottle Cover

I have made so many stuffed Sock Monkeys for the children in our lives that I feel I have "Mastered the Art".

One of my girlfriends who is one of the most creative, innovative and endearing of all has asked me to design  a couple of Sock Monkey Wine Bottle Covers for her upcoming Wine Tasting Event. 
The main reason for the wine bottle covers would be to "hide" the types of wines that the tasters would be sampling.  Plus, who can resist anything that is "Sock Monkey!"

I went online and found that a typical Sock Monkey Wine Bottle Cover is sold for approximately $10.00 US and it looks like someone sewed 2 buttons on a sock and slipped it over a wine bottle.  Our Family is all about quality and I felt that adding "ears" would kick things up a notch!

I then took it upon myself to design my own version and have to admit that I am very pleased with the results.  I can't wait to hear what the Party Guests think of my latest creation!
My daughter kept me company in my design room this evening.  She counted and sorted buttons for the "eyes".  When she wakes up in the morning, my lucky girl gets to give each cover its own personal name!

No comments:

Post a Comment