Wednesday 18 May 2011

Welcome Fellow Homesteaders!

Like so many others, we have chosen this garden path.  This path is chock full of an array of colours, like a piece of fine art, or even better said, like Mother Nature's Rainbow.  It is a journey that we are travelling, constantly learning along the way.

All in all, we have a main focus, to be self-sustained, respectful of our energy and reduce our impact on the environment. 

I visited many websites about homesteading pioneers and am very fascinated with the level of ingenuity and creativity that exists.  Where are these people and why haven't I met them already?  These pioneers have caught onto the many elements required in order to live a healthy, wholesome and fullfilling lifestyle!  I am super excited to meet other individuals who are on the same journey.

***I do know that the more work and time that we invest into what is important to us, the more that it means to us.  Homesteading is a reflection of this statement.  Hard work, sweat, dirt and grime.  Failures and achievements.  But at the end of the day, PERSONAL SATISFACTION!  This sounds like a coporate job where I once worked, however I was missing the personal satisfaction part.

I used to make money faster than I could spend it.  I used to feel that money didn't mean anything to me except unhappiness, credit card debt and bills, bills, bills. 
Since I have decided to live cheaper, greener and healthier, I have feelings of self empowerment, control and happiness! 

Having a daughter in 2007 contributed greatly to my overall outlook.  I wanted to ensure that I avoided chemicals in food, toys and toiletries for her.  I think that the birth of my own daughter may have been responsible for my own "new birth" as a wholesome individual.

I am from a German Background where my relatives always made their own sausages and preserves.  i have always been proud of the hard work that they put forth.  My grandmother Amelia who turned 95 years in February grew up as a teenager in the Great Depression and continues her learned methods for survival until this day.  She is indeed my greatest inspiration.

I welcome all Fellow Homesteaders with open arms and look forward to learning how to live a self-sustaining and fullfilling life, the way Mother Nature Intended....

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment