Monday 27 February 2012

Homemade Cloth Baby Wipes

These wipes are so easy to make and super easy to use!
Last year I found an Ad in our local Newspaper and found a woman who was selling $1000.00 worth of fabric for just $50.00!  I so scored!
I ended up with an abundance of fabric types.  Flannel, wool, rayon, cotton, broadcloth, nylon and fleece.  It's going to take me a long time to get through this fabric, but I am trying very hard to put it to good use.

One of the uses I found with the Flannel fabric was to make Homemade Cloth Baby Wipes.  Not only does this save on the cost of buying baby wipes for those small backsides, it also saves on toilet paper!

I cut fabric into 5 inch x 7 inch rectangles (lots of them!) then set out to make my concoction and put these wipes into action. 

Recipe for Homemade Cloth Baby Wipes:

1.  Place clean cloth wipes into a good sized plastic container with a lid (I used the regular baby wipe containers, these suited us perfectly).

2.  Boil 1 1/2 cups of water - remove from heat

3.  Add 1 tablespoon of Baby's body wash or baby shampoo

4.  Add 1 tablespoon of Baby Lotion
Mix together well and pour over wipes in container and let cool.  Cover with lid and voila! 

"My daughter prefers these wipes over toilet paper and has become accustomed to this method, it doesn't even phase her."

***We keep a big pail with a lid in our bathrooms that contains water, baking soda and bleach.  Once you use the wipes, place in this bucket to soak and when it gets full, you just rinse out the wipes, wash them and start over again.  I can't even begin to think about how much money we save on paper products using this method.

No comments:

Post a Comment