Sunday 6 October 2013

Biolite Survival Camp Stove

This is the greatest Survival Camp Stove I have seen to date!
Firstly, Kudos goes to my brother Don who found this online and showed me about a month ago.
As soon as I saw the stove and watched the video, I was sold.  I ordered it immediately.

This amazing stove can boil a liter of water in less than 5 minutes - using dried twigs and sticks.
And to go even further, the energy created by this stove can power up your cell phone or tablet!  Genious!



This stove is going to go viral.  I bought mine online from Mountain Equipment Coop in Canada (www.mec.ca).
Free shipping to boot!  Now that's my kind of deal.

Since I live in the city, we are not allowed to have open fires.  Since purchasing my Biolite, I have had "campfires" almost every night!

This little stove is self contained.  I recommend placing it on a concrete patio block and keeping a bucket of water close by - just in case the fire department wants to come and check it out (they will likely want to buy one of these amazing units btw)

Think about something- if the power goes out, you cannot refill the propane tank on your bbq, you cannot use your stove or any other electrical appliance.  What are you going to do?  Well if you have a Biolite Campstove, you will take a walk and gather twigs and branches from dead trees; its all you need.  That will be your fuel.  Best part?  Its free fuel!   I am all about free stuff!
,
This little stove is so efficient, I can't believe the height of the flames from burning just twigs!
There is also a grill attachment that you can buy - we will be buying ours within the month.  The grill can easily cook 4 hamburger patties and 2 hot dogs in a cinch. 

If you really want off the grid, this stove is a great beginning.  I would love to hear about others who have this same stove and how they have self sustained themselves and their families.  Recipes would be so welcome too!

I will be writing more blogs about my experiences with my Biolite Campstove along with a new type of homemade firestarters that I have found to be very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment