Friday 2 September 2011

Andre the Cricket

To repeat the cliche "it has been an interesting week" seems funny, however, so true.
When I woke up 2 days ago, our only pet was a Golden Retriever named Bentley.  Now we have a spider, snail, pigeon and cricket. 

The cricket - (aptly named Andre by my daughter) chirps a lot at night. 
In fact, the first night that we had him, I checked his terranium before I went to bed and couldn't find him.  He was gone.  He had escaped!

I turned out the lights and went to bed thinking that the cricket - would be long gone.  I started to fall asleep in my bed when I heard a chirping sound.  I turned on the light and the chirping stopped.
I went back to bed, exhausted after caring for our new pigeon and closed my eyes.  The chirping began again and it was in my bedroom!  I lay still for a bit and was able to determine which corner of my room that the chirping came from.  I turned on the light, determined to find Andre.  I did find him and put him in a new home, a large canning jar with fabric over the lid.  By this time, it was 11:30 p.m. and I was exhasted.

I was able to find sleep again, that is until a big Thunderstorm hit at 1:30 a.m.....

                                                    Andre the Cricket

No comments:

Post a Comment