Friday 2 September 2011

Cecropia Moth

I was just getting ready for bed tonight after a long evening of writing and planning.
I noticed that I had a huge shadow hanging around my light on the back deck.
I went outside and to my fascination found a Cecropia Moth!
Two years ago, I had mesh netting hung on each branch of the maple tree of our backyard.  Each mesh bag was full of mini black cercropia babies.  Over the course of about two months, these babies grew into amazing large green caterpillars with studs of red, blue and yellow.  Mother Nature makes the brightest and best colours naturally!
Cecropias represent "ART" to us.  I have yet to see two of the same.  Here is a picture of the one I found this evening:

                                                          Beautiful Cecropia

No comments:

Post a Comment